|My photo, I had just hung out my gym clothes (the black pants, capris, and blue shirts) and some recent thrift finds (everything else)|
Now, I know line drying isn't possible for everyone, but if you can, I highly recommend it, for several reasons.
1. Dryers use a lot of electricity peoples! It's very earth friendly to hang your stuff out.
2. This links into point 1: it's way cheaper. All that electricity you aren't using is money in your pocket.
3. It's much gentler on your clothing. Although everything is still probably in the washer together, you won't have your super delicate silk shirts snagging on your jeans zipper in the dryer anymore. Yes, the sun can be slightly damaging, but I'd bet quite a bit that it isn't as bad as the heat of the dryer.
4. You won't have to iron as much. Honestly, I don't iron my stuff anyways, but when my clothing comes in off the line, it doesn't look at all wrinkled.
5. Line dried clothing smells amazing. Ok, so I live in a fairly rural area where smog is nonexistent, but there is nothing sweeter smelling that clothing fresh off the line.
6. I can't talk about line drying and not mention the lovely feel of the clothing. Clothing off the line have such a wonderful, crisp, clean feel to them.
So, dear readers, do you hang out your clothing? Why or why not?