08 June, 2010

What I Wore Black-Out 2010 Day 1: Crop top and florals



Skirt, thrifted; shirt, gift from a friend, years ago; tank top, Seduction; shoes, Birkis; belt, Cake; bracelets, various gifts and handmade.

It was the first day of the black-out today, and I will admit that I had a bit of trouble with this outfit. I wanted to wear the shirt, and normally I would have thrown on a black belt, black tank and black skirt for effortless chic, but I think this was way more fun.


I love this skirt so much, I can't believe I've barely worn it! I think my main problem was not know what to wear it with, but I've got all sorts of ideas now that I know just how amazing it is. You can sort of see it in the photos, but it's practically alive, the way it moves and flows.


I had some fun with photo editing after I took this photo, but these are the true colours of the shirt. I was helping my sister sort through some old clothing I had put aside for her, found this and reclaimed it. As you can see in the first two pictures, it's really short, and pretty loose, but I think it will look neat with high waisted jeans or a skirt, and the need for a tank top makes the outfit way more interesting.

Love,
Rosie

3 comments:

  1. the print and shape of the skirt is sweet :) you pull it off really well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! What a great way to style a graphic tee.

    ReplyDelete