16 June, 2010

What I Wore: With Help from my Brother

Before I start this post, I have just a few words: It was 80s theme day.


Leggings, Gina Tricot; shirt, Seduction; shoes, Converse; legwarmers, Ardeens; head band, Lululemon; black and white bracelets, Claires; sunglasses, Joe Fresh

As you can see, I was celebrating the end of the Black-Out today, but it was also because I have very little 80s ish clothing that is actually brightly coloured.



The reason for the jelly bracelets is this:
Source
And the story: My little brother asked me this morning why I was wearing leggings with that top and not skirt, and I told him it was an 80s theme day. He then proceeded to tell me that I should wear my Jelly bracelets, and when I asked why he explained that Madonna wore them in the 80s.

If you were around in the 80s, what sort of stuff did you wear?

Love,
Rosie

10 comments:

  1. Love the 80's style, darling!
    So, two thumbs up on the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the vibe going on here, you're totally rocking that zebra print :D and your brother gives good tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 80s I just can't really do, haha. Nice inspiration, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute (:

    i dont know what i would wear haha

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful pictures
    i like your tights looks great

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your 80's look! But seriously, I think you can pull that off, even if it wasn't 80's theme day ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I remember those jelly bracelets, had them in all different colours. Most neon hues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I was born in 1980, so my childhood wardrobe was full of jellies, rompers, jumpsuits, crazy floral pattern dresses that I'd wear with sneakers, and the like.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What can I say? I think you channel Madonna perfectly. Desperately Seeking... Rosie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had 80 black rubber bracelets (which I lost in a move to my eternal regret because they were the original Maripolitan ones). Also these earrings: http://wendybrandes.com/blog/2008/10/strike-fashion-blogger-pose/
    And leggings all the time: http://wendybrandes.com/blog/2008/03/leggings-flashback/

    ReplyDelete