30 March, 2010

Dressing like the Mad Hatter

As I said yesterday, the Mad Hatter is my favourite character from the new Alice in Wonderland. I mean Johnny Depp is super talented, the character is amazing, and the wardrobe is stellar. Once I had finished my "OMFG that was... just so!" stage, and my analyzing stage, I pretty much said "I have to do a Polyvore set based on him!"

This morning though, once I started really thinking about it, I realized that I HAD to do two sets. 

Not Quite as Mad Hatter Outfit
The first one is the outfit that is in my opinion fairly simple, the sort of thing I can see most people probably getting away with most of the time. This one is more based on my feeling of the Mad Hatter, a sort of country feel, but with plenty of eccentricity. I struggled with this one though: to hat or not to hat? I mean, he is the Mad HATTER, but top hats aren't necessarily very wearable. I left it out, but feel free to put wear one.

This one is my favourite though:

This is the set that I REALLY love. It has multiple loud patterns two colours of nail polish, and THE hat. Well, not THE hat, bat a pretty cool costume version. If you are wondering why I included a plaid skirt, it's because in one of my favourite scenes, the final battle, the Mad Hatter wears a kilt. This obviously makes him like a million times more awesome, and he wears it with a BRIGHT BLUE VELVET JACKET. The only reason I didn't include a blue jacket was I couldn't find one I liked.

What did you think of the Mad Hatter? Would you wear either of these outfits?

Love, Rosie

7 comments:

  1. I like the second one, if you're going for Mad Hatter go all out!

    tweet tweet tweet

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad you included the hat in the end, it's either all or nothing when it comes to the Mad Hatter :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though the second one is all Mad Hatter, the first one is more like something I would wear :o)

    BTW- Johnny Depp is so incredible! Love him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The second one was a great mad hatter outfit.=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really a mad hatter!
    Love the fedora hat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't she?=) If you have the time to vote for her she would be very happy.

    ReplyDelete