05 July, 2010

What I Wore: 1970s Roman

Skirt, thrifted; shirt+scarf acting as belt, hand-me-down vintage fabric; shoes, Birkis; earrings, Claires

It was insanely hot today, and when I got home from my run and had take a shower, I decided it was far too warm for anything other than my lightest and breeziest skirt. The draw back to said skirt is that it is virtually see-through, and in consequence needs something opaque at least a bit of the way down my legs and most of the way around.

This piece of fabric has been hanging in my closet for over a year, maybe closer to two, and I can count the number of times it has been worn on one hand. It got called into play, and when I looked at the finished outfit in the mirror I felt it looked rather 1970s roman inspired, but I can't find any pictures vaguely like it, so maybe I'm imagining things.

Have you ever worn and outfit and realized afterwards that it was inspired by a certain era or style?

Love,
Rosie

8 comments:

  1. That's a great idea and looks lovely. No, I don't think I'm inspired by eras, but I might well have been inspired by films which play in a certain era. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay 1970s
    yay roman
    yay heat
    boo sweating
    :'')
    x x xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosie, this outfit looks absolutely amazing on you! I really like the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look absolutely stunning in that print!

    -Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW DID I MISS THIS POST!? ROSIE! YOU LOOK GORGEOUS! i love this look :o)

    ReplyDelete