12 September, 2009

Product Review: Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer

This past week was my first week back at school after my summer holidays, and my entire head is reflecting it. During the summer, I don't wear make up most days, because I spend a lot of my summer working from home, babysitting. I don't put mouse in my hair. I don't wear contacts. So my face and hair are still adjusting to the somewhat harsher treatment, and the subsequent care. My lips aren't though. And this is why:


This is one of the only products I will put on my lips. Why? Because it is 100% natural, and the ingredients are things that make neither me, nor my biochemist mother cringe. An average woman inadvertently eats something like 26 tubes of lipstick in her life. And while the ingredients in normal lipsticks are supposedly safe, I am still skeptical. Anyways, I'm not going to tell you how to live your life, I'm just telling you one of the reasons this is one of the only things that goes on my lips.

Another reason: I love the colours it makes on my lips! This product has a somewhat sheer, but still very tinted colour.

A third reason why I wear this lip gloss/shimmer: instead of being neutral or drying, it really does nourish your lips. One of my awesome friends, who had struggled with dry lips every winter for years, saw this and decided to buy it because, as she said "This is what Rosie uses, and she never has chapped lips." Ever she didn't have any trouble either, once she started using it.

The only draw back to this product is that you have to remember not to re-apply too frequently, or you get an awkward build up.

Other than that though, this is pretty close to being the holy grail of lip shimmers/glosses.

If you have decided that you absolutely must try this, you can find out more about Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer here, and find a store near you here. (I do not actually live in New York, it was just the first place that came to mind.)

(photo from here)
(I am not in any way affiliated with Burt's Bees, and I am not payed in any way to promote this product. I am just a rabid fan.)

Thoughts? Requests?

Love, Rosie

8 comments:

  1. I've seen this stuff before and I think I'll try it now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. burts bees has always been very good to me as well! kudos to the review:)

    xxoo
    eden

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been smitten with the Burt's Bees packaging, but have never actually tried any of their products - my sister, however, swears by them. Lovely review. I may just have to buy some! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of those, but the one I got just didn't work for me. The texture was weird or something. I definitely need to find something to solve my continual problem of chapped lips...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Burt's Bees stuff! I had just a normal balm but I might treat myself to a coloured one soon. Also thank you for your lovely comment! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. AM I THE AWSOME FRIEND WHO TOOK THE LIPCHAP IDEA FROM YOU, CAUSE IF NOT, YOU NOW HAVE 2 :). BURTS BEES I MUST SAY IS SLIGHTLY EXPENSIVE FOR THE SHIMMER KIND, MORE THEN THE BALM, BUT WORTH EVERY PENNY :D. EVERYBODY SHOULD AT LEAST GIVE THE CHEAPER BALM A TRY.
    The M. friend :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh, i need a new lip balm.... maybe i'll try this one, it sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete