02 August, 2010

Adventurous Announcements

I have a couple of things to tell you all today, and neither of them are particularly exciting for you (sorry!):

 Long time readers with amazing memories may remember that a while back I tried a shopping ban that pretty much fizzled out because it turns out I don't actually shop all that much during the school year. Anyways, a few days ago I started another ban. This time I have left myself absolutely no loopholes.

I will not buy a single thing until August 26.

The second thing I want to tell you about is the cause for the aforementioned shopping ban: in less than a month, I will be leaving for France. Feel free to spend a few moments being jealous (unless you live in France, in which case, this probably isn't too envy inducing.) The reason I'm telling you all this is because I sort of need your help. If you have been to Brittany/Bretagne, know someone who has been there, or know of someone; I would really super appreciate any tips on things I should see, interesting shops, any thing of that sort. You can comment here on the blog, or send me an email at rosie.unknown@gmail.com. Thanks!

Have you ever tried a shopping ban? Did it work out?

Love,
Rosie

8 comments:

  1. Wow, what exciting news! No, I've never tried a shopping ban before, but doing one in the name of France is definitely a very excellent reason to! :D Good luck, Rosie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried a shopping ban for lent one year. It sucked. Now I'm just poor so the shopping ban is a necessary part of life. Thankfully some good friends just gave me hand-me-downs. But enough about me - you're going to FRANCE!!!! I've been to Normandy but not Britanny. I would suggest going to a good bookstore and getting a travel guide specific to the area to start. Try reading up on the history of the area and what kind of food and industry it's known for on the web too, you'll get more out of your trip if you know a bit about where you are before you go. And finally it never hurts to read a bit of MFK Fisher before heading across the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh you are so lucky, France is incredible. I spent a week in Paris and wish I could live there.

    I have tried shopping bans... they don't work. I think I need to have no internet or something because online shopping is my kryptonite! x

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. now that i've spent a few moments being jealous, have the most wonderful time in France :D!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great time in France!=) How long are you going to stay in France?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you, going to France. I was in Paris last month and sure hated to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember Samantha Brown did a special on Brittany, France. I vividly remember that she ate Langoustines. I think you should try some of those, for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete