26 June, 2009

Website Review: Closetviewer.com

So, way back on May 11, I got an email from a reader named Breanna, asking if I used the site closetviewer.com. I had never heard of it before, but said I would check it out. 

Closet Viewer is a site that allows you to sign up for free, and upload pictures of your clothing, add details such as the season, size, type of clothing, ect. It also allows you to use the calendar to see when you wore something and when you are planning on wearing something. You can also see your friends wardrobes and send notes asking to borrow items from friends.
In principle, I really like this idea; however, in practice it is hard to get started if you already have a large wardrobe. Who has time to photograph all the pieces in their closet and fill out a form for each one. Not me, for one. If you are only just starting to be interested in clothing, and your current wardrobe is limited, this might be a neat site. 

I believe that this site would work better if it were like Polyvore, and you could either upload your own photo, or search for photos already in the database, as I believe that this would be much simpler and less time consuming. 

8 comments:

  1. So many websites, and none so far have come close to duplicating Cher's computerized closet system in Clueless yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i kinda of like this idea... i will check it out to see what's it like.
    btw the pics are up now. so sorry about that.
    xoxo
    mina

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like a cool idea in theory, but likeyou said, it would be a bit cumbersome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree--it sounds like to much work. When my wardrobe was smaller than it is now, I actually succeeded in taking pictures of all my clothes, but I wouldn't even try now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wish i could keep my wardrobe as tidy as that photo, there isn't even any point in my trying to organise my mess, or should i say my life because it would take about a century hehe :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does sound cool, but hard. Have you checked out weardrobe? You upload your pics and tag each item. Then things get orangized for you and you can click on the item and see how many outfits you've worn it with. But you can do it slow--just start taking daily shots and build your way to completion...still a lot of work I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmm this does sound like a nice idea..Not sure I would be able to do it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's a cool idea, but it sounds like a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete