21 March, 2009

New Diet

I was positively shocked when I decided to step onto the scale the other day. 140 pounds! This isn't all that heavy, but when you have insanely light bones, even if you are 5'9", this is a bit heavy. Obesity runs in my family, with my mother having struggled with her weight since she was young, and almost all my aunts and uncles are over weight. personally, I don't want to follow in their footsteps, so I have set out on a new quest! I want to firstly improve my health in general, which is pretty bad, and secondly possibly drop a few pounds and shrink an inch or two. 

I have a two phase plan: 
Phase 1: Eat more fruit and vegetables, and less junk food. Watch what I eat in general.  

Phase 2: Exercise! *cue fake enthusiasm* I hate working out, or anything that involves moving around to much, so it's pretty much a miracle I'm not already a whale. Gym class is partially solving that problem for now, but I still think that I should be moving more, so I am trying to work out how to get out more. 

It's a pretty simple plan, but I'm hoping that it will work. The difference from this diet and all the other times I've tried this, is that this time my mother knows, and at least partially supports me, and I am going to record my progress here. What do you think? Do you have a favorite diet or exercise plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment