So, as you probably noticed, I completely fell off the map. For almost a whole week! I'd like to tell you that I had mountains of homework, or that someone died, or I eloped, or something that would sort of make up for just being gone. Sadly, all that happened is the flu. I got sick, and despite having all day to blog, I just couldn't think of anything to post about. Anyways, I had an idea today! *happy dance*
I may have spent all week in pyjamas, but I realize that many people don't have the luxury of just staying home when they are sick. So I started thinking about what I would wear if I had to get dressed and actually function when sick. Here are the guidelines I thought up:
1. Not tights. I love the look of tights, but they are a pain to wear. Besides, for me at least, a rip in my tights can be enough to push me from I'm dealing to full on tears, not really needed. Anyways, unless you live someplace warm, no tights means pants. I cannot advocate wearing sweat pants, and you could wear jeans, but the won't have the effect we are going for, so trousers, pants, whatever you want to call them, are the thing to go for.
2. Comfort is key! A thin, long sleeved shirt will be cool enough if you get overheated, and a scarf/wrap can be very warm when you get chilled.
3. You could go two ways with shoes: comfy flats, or wicked heels. If you don't usually wear heels, now is not the time. But, if you are comfortable in them, go for it, unless you have to walk or stand much. Sore feet can have the same effect as ripped tights.
4. Keep make up simple. If you are sick, you should try to let your skin breath. Yes, you may feel sort of exposed, but your skin will thank you later. A bit of lippy and any necessary concealer should be enough.
5. Keep those large, dark sunglasses on hand, so you can project an image of unapproachability when you really don't want to be bothered.
That's it! You are ready to look amazing, even if you don't feel amazing.