14 October, 2009

A Shopping Ban: Week 1 and I narrowly missed a Dilemma

It's Tuesday. And that means that it is time to discuss how my shopping ban is progressing.

So far, I have been slip free in my quest to shop for clothes only in second hand stores until I can buy a laptop. However, since my temptation has been zero, not exactly surprising.

I almost encountered a potential problem on Friday, but thankfully my mother got tired of waiting for me to get home and ran the errands without me. Thankfully because one of the stores she had to visit was having a bag sale, and at 5$ (CAD) for a large bag of clothing, I don't think I would have been able to resist. Of course there is a bit of a dilemma in this. It is dirt cheap, so I could make an exception, but it still doesn't fulfill the environmental aspect of my ban. I guess I will just hope that I don't come near this bridge again.

Thoughts? Requests?

Love, Rosie

PS: Don't forget to check the sidebar for all the different ways to follow the blog, and my twitter feed!

1 comment:

  1. $5 for a bag of clothing?! if i were there, i would have lugged home around 4 bags =_= gosh, we don't ever see prices like that here!!

    ReplyDelete