The reason I have been having this debate is that my favorite, and only good, black tank top is starting to disintegrate. Not exactly surprising, since I have had it for over two years. But it still leaves me with the possible need to buy a new one soon, and I don't think I will be able to thrift on in good condition, in black, in the right size.
Reasons why it would be underwear:
- I do wear it under other shirts all the time.
- It comes in very close contact with my skin
- Less than a hundred years ago, a woman wouldn't be caught dead in anything less than two layers of clothing more than the equivalent of a tank top.
Reasons why it would be clothing:
- I wear it without anything on top all the time too.
- Lots of clothing comes in close contact with my skin, and it is still considered clothing.
- In a few more years, a tank top may be the equivalent of a nun's dress.
What do you think, is a tank top underwear or clothing?
PS: Don't forget to check the sidebar for all the different ways to follow the blog, and my twitter feed!