14 August, 2009

Shoes: the breaking point of an outfit



This is a photo I shot several months back, during class. Yes, yes, bad Rosie, I should have been paying attention. It was health class, and it was boring. Once they teach you how to put a condom on a wooden penis, there is nothing that isn't revision in health class.

Anywhoo, this isn't just a picture of a pair of boots. This is a picture of how an outfit can be made or broken by the shoes. I need you to do a little visualization now. Close your eyes, and imagine an average teenaged girl, somewhat skinny, pale girl with a dark pixie cut. she is wearing black skinny jeans and a graphic t-shirt. The finishing touch is the shoes. She could be wearing the "normal" shoe, a beat up ballet flat. Or she could be wearing gorgeous, grey cowboy boots.

See what I mean about a shoe making or breaking an outfit? So consider that next time you are about to slip into an abused flip flop.

12 comments:

  1. I totally agree. Shoes are so important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's absolutely true :) Somehow the shoes seem to be, most of the time, the most important piece. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classic cowboy boots, love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree. That's why I've been buying so many pairs of shoes lately. It sucks to not have the right pair to finish off an outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate flipflops. They're so gross... wish everyone wore flats instead.. And classy flats at that. And I do love those boots!

    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these boots are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are gorgeous but sometimes the abused flip flop is just far too tempting! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. totally true. I am definetly a shoe person in the shoe vs. bag scheme of things. Ugg boots can destroy a perfectly sweet elegant outfit I wish people could see that.
    -indigo

    ReplyDelete
  9. i totally agree, and i've actually been thinking a lot about cowboy boots recently...

    ReplyDelete