01 January, 2010

A brief reflectoin

Wow. It's December 31st, 2009. Already. This year has been, on a whole, rather wonderful. Some bloggers are doing wonderfully comprehensive posts about their years, and their goals, but I'm not going to do that. Instead, I'm just going to reflect a bit on how my style has evolved over the past year.

So, in January 2009, I was a lot less outgoing. I was still in my all black faze. I started venturing out of my comfort zone, with a funky necklace here, a cool belt there. I pretty much stayed at this point until the summer, when: I started wearing ears, I started wearing extreme eye make up, I had a brief fling with plaid, I wanted to go goth and I grew a lot more confident in my clothing choices.

As of September, my personal style hasn't changed all that much, although I have been leaning towards sleeker silhouettes, and simpler styles in general, but I still have a place in my heart for anything extravagant, sequinned, leather, or crazy.

Ok, so enough with my directionless ramblings. I'm not doing anything for New Year's Eve, but if I were, I would be wearing one of the following dresses:
After all, if you can't wear something fun on New Year's Eve, when can you?

Well, this is the end of my last post of 2009. I hope that 2010 will see new things, both here on Through the Wilderness, but especially on my brand shiny new blog, Exposure Extraordinaire, where I, along with two friends, will be posting a picture every single day this year. Please come on over, say hi, we'ed love to here from you.

Thoughts? Requests?

Love, Rosie

What's your ideal outfit for NYE? Your ideal way to ring in the new year?

5 comments:

  1. I would most likely be wearing the purple one or the pink one...very girlish!! Love your choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not doing much either tonight...obviously! lol! These are gorgeous dresses! I'd love to wear one of those to a party tonight!


    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i want the first dress! hot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i always think it's interesting to see how people's style changes over time... and ooh, i'm doing the 365 project too. ;) good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhh, my girl Liz totally styled me in that H&M LBD for one of our collabs. It's SO gorg! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete