13 January, 2010

What I Wore: Maybe Vintage


Jeans, KappAhl; tank top, Joe Fresh; Sweater thing, vintage, borrowed from my mummy; belt, Joe Fresh; boots, La Canadienne.

I'm not sure if this sweater really counts as vintage, my mum got it in the early eighties. Vintage or not though, I love it. I found it in her closet almost a year ago now, when I was in the middle of my eighties obsession, and have been trying to figure out how to wear it ever since. I say it in the back of my closet yesterday evening, and I knew I had to wear it. I decided to play it safe with the rest of the outfit, since it is a bit of a statement piece.

Then I realized that my mother was considerably larger and wider in the shoulder than I am, even when she was younger. The shapless-ness was soon cured with this belt, and the wide shoulders actually made my waist look quite narrow.


Daddy picked me up after school today, because he needed a computer mouse, so we went to Staples. I love Staples. Actually, I'm pretty happy to be left wandering any where, from stationary stores to gardening/home repair stores to random farms. ANYWAYS, while he was checking out the mice, I wandered over the the camera isle. I spent a while admiring a Canon EOS Digital Rebel, then turned my attention to the limited selection of camera accessories, which are more in my price range. And what should I find, all lonely at the back, but a Gorillapod. I have been keeping my eyes out for one for about six months, so I immediately picked up the case. And realized that it was awfully small compared to my Canon Powershot A590 IS. I happened on a sweet young salesman though, who let me take it out of the package to try it out.

I'm so glad he did, because I absolutely adore it! Small enough to fit in my purse (which doubles as my camera bag), it is remarkable sturdy and versatile. I can't wait to try it out more!

Thoughts? Requests?

Love, Rosie

PS: If you want to follow my adventures with the Gorillapod, check out Exposure Extraordinaire, my photography blog.

5 comments:

  1. The gorilla pod sounds so handy, hauling around my tripod is definetly way out of the picture. Cool sweater/dress? It's like a jedi robe but awesomer (and I say this in the best way possible, I'm a major Star Wars geek)
    -indigo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great blog here. I like reading personal blogs, luckily I found yours today. I have a blog myself which brings inspiration and guidance to people all around the world. Life is hard enough, and I hope that my site can provide even the slightest bit of happiness and guidance to anyone's day.

    I'd like to exchange links with you to help spread some traffic around between each other. Please let me know if this is possible. Until then, keep up the good work.

    Jason
    TheWISDOMWALL.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stealing things from my mum - her closet is full of 80s treasures! This looks lovely - the drapey shape falls just beautifully! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sweater definitely counts as vintage! I have a love of office supplies and the stores that sell them....

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that sweater thingy...the color is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete