09 January, 2010

Product Review: Maybelline's Mineral Power Concealer


After a concealer disaster on Tuesday, I immediately went out and bought a new one, better suited to my skin tone. Ok, so I didn't have time till Thursday evening, but immediately sounds way better than two days later.

ANYWAYS, after hemming and hawing for a good ten minutes, I decided on Maybelline's Mineral Power Concealer in fair (0-1). It claims to have "Healthy perfecting coverage" and "creamy texture" that's "never cakey or heavy".

I wore it today, and as some one who has tried many different concealers, I can confidently say that for me, this is the best one I have used. It lasted all day with only very minimal touch ups, it blended amazingly with my skin tone, it wasn't too heavy and I barely noticed.

I'm not going to go so far as to say I have found the Holy Grail of concealers, because I don't believe their is one*, but I may have found a concealer I will stick with for a while.

Thoughts? Requests?

Love, Rosie

* Since everyone's skin is different, there can be no concealer that will be perfect for everyone.

PS: Virtual cookies if you go check out Exposure Extraordinaire, my new photography blog!

5 comments:

  1. i've tried lots of make up already which some of them are pretty
    expensive but they don't do good to me. i'm happy and quite satisfied of maybelline and loreal now esp with concealer and foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! i've never tried concealer hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried that one! is it that good? maybe I should try it sme day =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got this too on a whim! I'm using it and that maybelline pure makeup foundation and LOVING it. My usual stuff was like $30 US a pop, and these two products in combination have reduced breakouts a million percent. Too funny that you found the same stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finding decent concealer is so ridiculously difficult, I shall have to check this one out :)

    ReplyDelete