15 January, 2010

What I Wore: Defying the Weather


Sweater, Smart Set, thrifted; leggings, ???, some shop in Sweden; skirt, ???, thrifted; shirt, Smart Set, thrifted; boots, La Candienne.


At some point last weekend, I decided that I was sick of letting the cold weather control my outfits, and since then three out of the four outfits I have worn involved skirts or dresses, but with lots of long sleeves and leggings added in for warmth.


I had completely forgotten about this skirt, but when I needed something to wear over leggings in this outfit, I happened upon it. I'm pretty sure it is one of my favourite skirts of all time: high waist, check. short hemline, check. extremely tight fit, check.


I first thought about wearing this shirt with that sweater last week, but since I try not to rewear pieces too close together, I delayed wearing it. I'm glad I did, it looks so much better with the navy blue pinstripes of the skirt than it would have with boring old jeans!

Thoughts? Requests?

Love, Rosie

PS: If you are in Canada or the US, please enter my giveaway!

6 comments:

  1. I like the stripes peeking out from below the sweater. I just brace myself fot the weather everyday, I still haven't induged myself on an actual winter coat. Then again we don't actually have snow on the ground, just rain...
    -indigo

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the close ups detail shots
    that blue is gorgeous btw.
    we don't live in the states or canada =(
    xx,willow

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're right! that sweater looks great with the skirt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit.=) Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layering! I never wear trousers so I am constantly forced to brave the cold in a skirt which isn't always advisable. Hope this outfit still kept you nice and toasty! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute and the photos are lovely!

    ReplyDelete