27 January, 2010

Highlighter Guts and Chunky Knits

In case you had ever wondered: this is what highlighter guts look like when they aren't protected by the plastic exoskeleton. More precisely, this is what highlighter guts look like on oatmeal colour school floor tiles dating from circa 1970. The tiles, not highlighter guts. They showed up between 1 pm and 3:45 pm this afternoon.
yellow, guts, highlighter, school, flooring, oatmeal coloured @ Through the WildernessAfter I took this picture, I said to myself (I talk to myself a lot), that would be a cool outfit!


So I obviously made a polyvore set inspired by it. Ok, so I used pink instead of yellow, and grey instead of oatmeal colour, but the idea is the same. Lots of chunky knits, cosy fabrics, and just enough hot pink to make the outfit, well, pink.

Love, Rosie

14 comments:

  1. i love your polyvore outfits inspired by random pictures. ;) and grey and pink, what a lovely combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, love the terminology of "highlighter guts"!!! the outfit is brilliant, those hot pink docs are drool-worthy :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit, the boots are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that you based an outfit around a higlighter explosion :)
    you did superbly, i need to wear that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome you were able to get inspiration from highlighter guts!!


    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this colour combo, hot pink & pale grey

    ReplyDelete
  7. neon pink makes me sad because it clashes with my hair colour, but oh my goodness i could wear cosy grey knits for the rest of my life,
    i'm wearing one now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love chunky knits...especially when paired with something very feminine

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love those pink boots!
    i've to wear mine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. In an emoticon, :-). And go read Catcher in the Rye this instant! If this were in person I would make some joke about Canada, but since this is the internet, I won't. Don't be offended!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're welcome to join my give away if you like.=)

    http://kashaysblogg.blogspot.com/2010/01/tavla-om-avanna-linne.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. The crossed legs are so funky!

    ReplyDelete
  13. pink + grey = amazing. love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete